We are here to serve your community
The MPCA’s mission is to create a healthy, inclusive and safe environment in which to work and live by giving a voice to all Manor Park Community Members. We partner with our sister organizations in Manor Park, governments, East End Community Associations and other organizations.
- Councillor King releases Manor Park Estates OPA position paperJuly 20, 2021The Councillor’s office has released a position paper that describes requested changes to the OPA application. Read the full paper here. [READ MORE]
- MPCA final comments on Manor Park Estates OPA application D01-01-21-0003June 22, 2021The MPCA objects in the strongest possible terms to the unreasonable building heights with concomitant densities expected contained in the development application. While we support reasonable densification in pursuit of livelihood improvements, we cannot condone the rampant densification that will have a detrimental impact on the neighborhood and the community at large. Read the full submission here. [READ MORE]
- Comments on Manor Park Estates Official Plan AmendmentJune 13, 2021Dear Neighbours, Attached are MPCA’s draft comments on the narrow but vital issues to be addressed by the City planners regarding the application for an Official Plan Amendment by Manor Park Management: Height, Density, Parks and a “Social Contract” There are 41 new mid rises and high rises being proposed for our community of 8,000 people. Feel free to use the document to inspire your participation at the meeting on June 14, Monday night [READ MORE]
- Report on Manor Park Estates RedevelopmentMay 11, 2021Comments and Concerns from Manor Park Community The Manor Park Community Association would like to register its objections to the current proposal by Manor Park Estates for the redevelopment of Manor Park Heights and Manor Park – Gardens. After considerable discussion and engagement with the community, whom we have also encouraged to write directly to the city, we believe that we speak on behalf of the majority of the residents of Manor [READ MORE]
- MPCA Joins Alexandra Bridge CoalitionMay 2, 2021MPCA has joined the Alexandra Bridge Coalition, a group of heritage, transportation and community organizations that oppose the federal government’s plan to demolish the Alexandra Bridge and replace it with a new bridge. See https://heritageottawa.org/alexandra-bridge. From a broad perspective this proposal would remove an engineering and historical icon featured in many photographs of the parliamentary precinct, create tons of waste and GHG [READ MORE]
An overview of different intiatives and resources, updated regularly by members of the MPCA
The Manor Park Chronicle
A monthly publication concerning stories, events and advertisements relevant to the area. Running strong since 1949!
We partner closely with other community initiatives. You can check them out here:
If you would like to get involved with The MPCA, or if you have questions, concerns, or bright ideas for how we can improve Manor Park, then we would love to hear from you!