We are here to serve your community
The MPCA’s mission is to create a healthy, inclusive and safe environment in which to work and live by giving a voice to all Manor Park Community Members. We partner with our sister organizations in Manor Park, governments, East End Community Associations and other organizations.
- Report on Manor Park Estates RedevelopmentMay 11, 2021Comments and Concerns from Manor Park Community The Manor Park Community Association would like to register its objections to the current proposal by Manor Park Estates for the redevelopment of Manor Park Heights and Manor Park – Gardens. After considerable discussion and engagement with the community, whom we have also encouraged to write directly to the city, we believe that we speak on behalf of the majority of the residents of Manor [READ MORE]
- MPCA Joins Alexandra Bridge CoalitionMay 2, 2021MPCA has joined the Alexandra Bridge Coalition, a group of heritage, transportation and community organizations that oppose the federal government’s plan to demolish the Alexandra Bridge and replace it with a new bridge. See https://heritageottawa.org/alexandra-bridge. From a broad perspective this proposal would remove an engineering and historical icon featured in many photographs of the parliamentary precinct, create tons of waste and GHG [READ MORE]
- The Kettle Island Bridge CommitteeMay 1, 2021The MPCA has reconvened its Bridge Committee, which led the fight against the construction of a Kettle Island Bridge the last time the idea was pursued, a decade ago. Formed of community members with a broad range of experience, the aim of the Committee is to oppose the bridge that would funnel truck traffic down a widened Aviation Parkway, thereby interfere with the operation of the Montfort Hospital, and thus this could lead to the loss of key [READ MORE]
- Open Letter from the MPCA to Elected RepresentativesApril 7, 2021Urgent Action Needed to Protect Children’s Active Transportation to Schools – Particularly In Manor Park 14 August 2020 Dear Mayor Watson, OCDSB, CEPEO and Honorable Representatives: We are writing to you with urgent concerns about the safety of children and youth travelling to and from school through the Manor Park neighbourhood this school year, starting in September 2020. We can expect that due to concerns regarding possible [READ MORE]
- Pont de l’île Kettle / Kettle Island BridgeApril 7, 2021MPCA virtual information session The MPCA hosted a virtual meeting concerning interprovincial transportation on October 25th. A video of the discussion is linked here and you can also view the slide deck. We encourage all residents to participate in the NCC survey which closes Monday Nov 2 at: https://ncc-ccn.questionpro.ca/a/TakeSurvey?tt=QMG%2BpfKEuBfUDsIDLwZUOg%3D%3D John Forsey Chair, MPCA Transportation and Safety Committee [READ MORE]
An overview of different intiatives and resources, updated regularly by members of the MPCA
The Manor Park Chronicle
A monthly publication concerning stories, events and advertisements relevant to the area. Running strong since 1949!
We partner closely with other community initiatives. You can check them out here:
If you would like to get involved with The MPCA, or if you have questions, concerns, or bright ideas for how we can improve Manor Park, then we would love to hear from you!