Download a copy of the MPCA strategic initiatives here.
1. INCREASE A SENSE OF BELONGING AND COMMUNITY MEMBER VOICE
- Increase community engagement and attendance at MPCA Board meetings.
- Inform Manor Park residents of issues within, and around, the community that may affect our quality of life.
- Encourage Manor Park residents to support local small businesses.
- Provide a forum to come together and find solutions to mutual problems.
- Establish committees to execute MPCA strategic initiatives.
2. SAFEGUARD OUR HEALTHY AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT
Transportation and Safety
- Advocate for safe and efficient modes of transportation (bike, transit, walk, drive, etc.) with the city and NCC.
- Advocate for traffic safety measures that contribute to reduce speed, eliminate illegal truck traffic, and improve safety in our streets.
- Support the work of the Community Police Officer by encouraging citizens to report incidents and concerns.
- Raise awareness of east end “green spaces” and link Manor Park residents with organizations protecting these assets.
- Provide a framework for community members who are interested in starting sustainable community projects or holding events that increase community engagement.
- Support strategies aimed at vulnerable populations by working co-operatively with other community organizations and businesses.
3. LEVERAGE PARTNERSHIP AND FUNDRAISING
- Establish a Community Association Committee of interested East End Community Associations to meet quarterly to take collective action on mutual objectives and issues.
- Support Rideau Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRC) with their initiatives and benefit from their Ward 13 programming.
- Attract government and other funding opportunities that would support the work of MPCA partners in the community.
4. ENHANCE PARTICPATION AND ENGAGEMENT
Membership and Fundraising
- Establish a committee to review and recommend a membership and fund-raising plan.
- Explore an East End Community Association Board Member governance workshop.
- Actively seek new and committed Board members to achieve the MPCA’s strategic initiatives.
- Review Manor Park Community Association Constitution relative to the 2017 strategy and work plan.
*  The MPCA Strategic Framework has been developed to guide a 4-year strategic plan to fulfill the objectives set out in the Constitution Section 2.:
2. The Association is a notforprofit corporation incorporated pursuant to the provisions of Part 3 of the Corporations Act (Ontario) and has the following objects:
2.1 The establishment and maintenance of a community organization for the purposes of:
2.1.1. promoting and articulating the interests of the residents of Manor Park citizens of the city of Ottawa, property owners and tenants;
2.1.2 working cooperatively with civic organizations and other public or community Associations to ensure responsible community planning and development, both within the Manor Park area and the community of Ottawa;
2.1.3 assisting in the production and coordination of community activities promoting good citizenship and fellowship;
2.1.4 promoting and participating in activities which safeguard and enhance the quality of life in the Manor Park community;
2.2 Such other complementary purposes not inconsistent with these objects.